Want to spice up your Valentine’s Day with your significant other? Take your relationship to the next level by going on a romantic getaway this season of love! Check out our top travel destinations and get ready to book your flights and hotels for Valentine’s!
Photo Courtesy of Conde Nast Traveler
Nothing screams romance more than sipping hot chocolate with your favorite person while looking at the natural beauty of Tagaytay— this is the place to be if you want to bring your significant other on a quick getaway from Manila for Valentine’s! Here are some ideas for activities that you can do with your loved one:
- Eating at restaurants with an overlooking view of Taal Lake (You can check out Leslie’s Ridge & Restaurant, Balay Dako, Cabanas Dine and Bar, and Sol Victoria’s). Best to eat in these restaurants an hour before 6 PM so you can enjoy a sunset dinner with your special person!
- Visiting People’s Park in the Sky to get a panoramic view of Tagaytay and taking in the breathtaking views
- Riding the Zipline and/or Cable Car in Picnic Grove and enjoying the scenic route while taking pictures
Laiya Beach. Photo courtesy of Jon to the World.
Known for its beaches with breathtaking views, Batangas is a good choice for lovebirds who like to do water activities or people who simply like to bask in the sun while enjoying the view of the sea. Try some of these activities with your significant other and explore everything that Batangas can offer!
- Beach hop and visit Calatagan Beach, Laiya Beach, and Anilao Beach to swim and sunbathe
- Unwind in the natural hot springs of Tingga Falls in Daang Ibaan or Talon Falls in Santo Tomas
- Visit historical and cultural landmarks like the Taal Basilica or the Batangas Heritage Village and learn more about the cultural heritage of Batangas
Photo Courtesy of BJ Pagtulingan
If you are more of a couple who enjoys just laying back and chilling around, then a trip to Baguio might be for you! The cold air and the laidback vibe that the place offers make the City of Pines such a special place for tourists to want to come back all the time. Here are some activities that are worth considering doing in Baguio:
- Driving around Camp John Hay and visiting Treetop Adventure, Bell House, and the Butterfly Sanctuary
- Horseback riding and taking pictures with Saint Bernard dogs at Wright Park
- Walking around Burnham Park and enjoying the sunset while riding the swan boats that can be rented
> El Nido, Palawan
Photo Courtesy of Vacationhive
Feeling a bit more luxurious and generous? Surprise your loved one with a trip to El Nido, Palawan, and enjoy the white sand beaches and marvel at the natural rock formations that will surely make your jaws drop.
- A visit to El Nido would not be complete without island hopping! Some places to visit are Bacuit Bay, Big Lagoon, Small Lagoon, and Seven Commandos Beach. Don’t forget to bring your sunscreens and reapply every 2 hours!
- If you are feeling adventurous, then snorkeling and scuba diving to see coral reefs and the vast marine life underneath the sea will definitely be a memorable experience for the two of you!
- Lastly, try out their local cuisine in restaurants with beachfront views like Cadlao Restaurant, Artcafe Restaurant, and Scape Skydeck El Nido to witness the sunset and enjoy the sound of the waves hitting the rocks while dining with your special person.
Do you like any of these recommendations? Which place are you considering this Valentine’s season?