Mulan was the Disney movie for every Chinoy. Or not. But I am biased, so it was the movie for this specific Chinoy. I still watch it every now and then because it’s just a great film. The songs were great, it was relatable, the songs were amazing, and it featured Lea Salonga. I didn’t think it could get any better until I was introduced to Mulan memes.
What is a meme, you may ask? It’s just a funny little photo that can be captioned and shared online. A certain image may have variations on the joke but have the same feel. Now that you know what a meme is, join me in chuckling as I share some of my favorites inspired by the classic Disney film, Mulan.
1. Makeup wearers unite. We’ve all felt this at some point. If you haven’t yet, don’t worry. You will.
2. Look, sometimes we just don’t strategize properly. We have to remember which parents will say “yes” to which requests.
3. A little out of date, but still applicable. Did they really think they could take out the things that made Mulan fun and have it be a hit?
4. Gotta be quiet. They must not know we haven’t slept yet.
5. I’m sorry the next math theorem will not be named after me.